July 18-29, 2022
Summer Strings offers participants the opportunity to perform in large ensembles and chamber music groups and to learn fiddle tunes. Whether participants are looking for a summer program that enhances their musicianship or performance ability or whether simply looking to make new friends with fellow musicians, Summer Strings has offered both to our community for over 50 years.
For two weeks in July, Summer Strings 2022 string players from beginners to advanced players will meet Monday-Friday from 9am-1:30pm at the Danbury Music Centre.
There will be a concert of the program participants on the final Friday at 7:30 pm.
Beginner and Novice groups are back this year!
Summer Strings will be a Monday – Friday program. Electives will still be offered such as improvisation, chamber music, and fiddling. STEAM projects will be incorporated into the program.
Start a new instrument and get a head start on your schools program!
Minimum 1 year private instruction or 2 years school instructions
- Two or more years’ experience
- Ability to read music
- Familiar with first position notes.
- Ability to shift into third position
- Desire to learn advanced ensemble-playing techniques
- Ability to sight-reading
Participants should be able to play in 1-2 octave scales in the following keys:
Major- C, G, D, A, F and B-flat
Minor keys: a, d, g , e, and b
Suggested playing level of Suzuki Book 2 or higher
Ages: Third grade to adult
Seating evaluation: Please submit a short video which should include:
1. Your choice 1-2 octave scales, 2 Major and one minor
2. Two contrasting pieces which best display your abilities from the solo repertoire. (not school orchestra parts)
DIRECTOR SUMMER STRINGS
Summer Strings Tuition
- Tuition is $425 . Register before May 31, 2022 and receive discounted tuition rate of $400.
- You may pay online below or by check mailed to Danbury Music Centre, 256 Main Street, Danbury, CT 06810.
- Financial Aid is available
- Program needs to meet a minimum enrollment of 10 participants to take place
One Tuition before May 31st
One Tuition after May 31st