DMC Chamber Music Intensive Weekend Workshop (Apr. 6-8)
Featuring graduates of the Juilliard School and other major conservatories as Artist-Faculty
Application Deadline: Tuesday, March 6th
APPLY NOW HERE
The Danbury Chamber Music Intensive invites to its Weekend Workshop all string players, pianists, woodwind players, percussionists of any age who have a driven passion for music and are committed to the pursuit of a high level of music performance. Throughout the weekend, participants will work extensively with Artist-faculty in a unique and inspiring artistic environment to develop their artistry and musicianship.
The Workshop begins in the afternoon on Friday, April 6th and ends in the afternoon on Sunday, April 8th, 2017.
- Each instrumental participant will perform in one chamber music group culminating in a concert in the afternoon on Sunday. Each group will include at least one Artist-Faculty member who will lead all rehearsals throughout the weekend.
- Participants will attend a master class led by the Artist-Faculty. Participants will have the opportunity to perform solo or works and receive feedback and instruction.
- Participants will also receive a ticket to the Ives Series concert on the night of Apr. 7th, featuring performances by the Artist-Faculty.
- Tuition for the participation in the Workshop is $225.00.
Please contact us with any questions at CMI@danburymusiccentre.org or (203) 748-1716.
- Download the application form here and send the completed application form to CMI@danburymusiccentre.org or mail to the following address: Danbury Music Centre 256 Main St. Danbury, CT 06810
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, February 27th (no application fee), all admissions decisions will be made by Monday, March 5th
- Returning participants will automatically be accepted admitted to the Workshop. Simply send in the application by the deadline to guarantee your spot.
- New prospective CMI participants should upload a representative performance video – featuring any two contrasting works and any two major scales – to a Google Drive in a folder titled “(Your Name) CMI Weekend Workshop Audition Video 2018”. Share the folder and send a link to the folder to CMI@danburymusiccentre.org
- Admitted Participants to the Workshop do not need to submit a separate application to the summer CMI program. Participation in the Workshop counts as an audition. However, those who wish to audition to for the DMC Summer String Quartet Fellowship must complete a separate audition at no extra fee and those who wish to apply as composers must send in composition audition materials.